What Does Protection Of Your Privacy Mean?
- The collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information will be done in a manner that recognizes your privacy rights
- You have the right to access the information we have about you
- We keep your information and the business you do with us in strict confidence
- General Scope and Purpose: This Policy applies to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information acquired by GOcxm when, for example, you use the GOcxm online software service or download and use the GOcxm mobile software application (collectively, the “Services”).
- Definition of “Personal Information”: “Personal Information” is information that identifies you or another person, which may be transmitted or received when you sign up for or use the Services. Personal Information includes your geographic location information, names, physical addresses, email addresses, telephone, fax and other device numbers, calendar entries stored within a device (i.e. mobile phone, tablet device, etc.), contact entries stored within a device, files, content, photographs, location information and other metadata in photographs and other information you transmit or receive using a the Services.
GOcxm collects Personal Information if you provide it directly to us via email or through the Services. GOcxm may also collect Personal Information when you send us messages, comments, questions or suggestions or if you participate in blogs, forums, message boards, chat rooms, profile pages and other services to which you are able to post information, if any, through the Services (collectively, “Forums”). We may also collect Personal Information through certain features of one or more of the GOcxm Services (and in some instances will allow you to opt- out of such collection or retention of certain Personal Information). In some instances, certain products or services do not have to be in active use in order for your Personal Information to be collected through them.
Identification of the Purpose of Collection and Consent: GOcxm will identify the reason for the collection, use and/or any disclosure of Personal Information before or at the time of collection. We will only collect Personal Information with your consent. The collection of Personal Information will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by GOcxm when it seeks consent for the collection of information. Any change of purpose will be communicated to you and a new consent obtained. We will document all purposes for the collection of Personal Information. Receiving consent will not be a condition of supplying the Services, unless the information requested is required to fulfill an explicitly specified and legitimate purpose. Individuals may withdraw their consent at anytime and GOcxm will explain to individuals the implications of withdrawing their consent. Personal Information will be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
When We Collect: We collect information at various times, including when:
- You register for an account or sign up at one of our websites
- When you use certain GOcxm Services, and when you enter promotions
- When you access online features and/or services
- When you download and/or upload content, including comments in Forums
- When you activate updates, if any
- GOcxm may also receive Personal Information from our business partners.
- Type of Information Collected Generally: By using the Services you are deemed to have expressly consented to the collection of the information set out below:
- When you register with any one of the Services, we may ask for your name, email address, address including country, phone and fax number (once you register with GOcxm and sign in to our Services, you are not anonymous to GOcxm)
- Billing information including, but not limited to, credit card information, billing addresses and other account information
- Additional surveys may request more information but this information is not required and the purposes for which such information will be collected and used will be identified
- We may collect your user-name, user-profile and device information, if applicable
- We may collect technical and related information that identifies your computer, such as an internet protocol address and serial key
- GOcxm also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, GOcxm cookie information, download tracking and the page you requested; GOcxm may use this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website
- Facebook and other social media log-in information used by you in connection with the Services
- Cookies: GOcxm may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about Internet use. Small files called “cookies” may be attached to your Web browser. These files identify your browser and save information such as passwords so that web sites can recognize you. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some GOcxm web sites (and other web sites) may not work properly if you do this.
- In addition, on some web sites, GOcxm may use small bits of code called “one- pixel gifs,” or “clear gifs” embedded in some web pages, to make cookies more effective. GOcxm Inc. will not associate the information these software devices collect with your name or e-mail address.
- Personal Information may be used or disclosed:
- To customize the advertising and content you see on our pages, if any
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services
- To improve products and services, to conduct research and to provide software updates and any dynamically served content, product support and other services to customers, including marketing
- For Services announcements or administrative messages relating to GOcxm’s Services
- To facilitate technical protection measures
- To assess our clients’ ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs
- For billing, collection and accounting services relating to the Services
- To meet communication, service and administration needs
- For internal, external and regulatory audit purposes
- To identify customer preferences
- In relation to contests, promotions, and surveys
- To protect you, our other customers and GOcxm
- To comply with legal requirements
- For statistical purposes we may collect, summarize and use customer information in a format that does not identify the individual. This anonymous aggregate data may be shared with our third party providers and business partners.
- Disclosure: GOcxm will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone without your consent. GOcxm will only share Personal Information about you to a third party(s) where you have consented to GOcxm’s sharing of such Personal Information. This information will be shared if required to provide the Services and otherwise only as necessary so as to allow you to use Services offered by GOcxm on its own or in conjunction with business partners or affiliates who offer products or services for which you have signed up or agreed to use.
- In certain situations disclosure and use of Personal Information may be made without your knowledge and consent:
- For the purpose of collecting a debt owed by you to GOcxm
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as Web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services, but only to the extent necessary or useful to provide such services, and only pursuant to contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
- When provided by you on Forums freely and without limitation. Please note that any Personal Information you post or disclose on Forums will become public information, and may be available to visitors of the Site. GOcxm Inc. urges you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of GOcxm’s business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- When a government institution has requested the information and the information relates to the enforcement of any law, carrying out an investigation relating to the enforcement of a law or relates to national security and/or defence If we have reasonable grounds to believe that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of any law that has been, or is about to be, committed, we will disclose the Personal Information to an investigative body or government institution
- When we are required to comply with subpoenas, warrants issued or court orders made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information or when we are required to comply with rules of court regarding the production of records.
Security of Personal Information: We will maintain the strict confidentiality of all Personal Information collected, and will only disclose such information to our employees, or to third parties, when you have consented to such a disclosure. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. We will maintain your personal information in secure data storage to safeguard it from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Our soft copy data storage will be protected by the appropriate technological measures (e.g. passwords and encryption) and any hard copies of Personal Information will be kept in locked filing cabinets or kept in offices with restricted access. In the event that you believe you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the appropriate federal, provincial or local law enforcement agencies directly.
Individual Access to Information: You have the right to access, verify and update your Account Information and preferences at any time, including whether you want GOcxm to contact you about specials and new products. You may request deletion of your GOcxm account by contacting the Privacy Officer and verifying your identity. Upon request and following appropriate identification of the requestor that is satisfactory both to GOcxm and under PIPEDA, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and any disclosure of his/her Personal Information. The individual will be given access to that information if requested. A reasonable administration fee may be charged to supply the information. The approximate cost of the administration fee will be communicated to the individual prior to the release of the information.
If the Personal Information held by GOcxm is inaccurate, GOcxm shall amend the information as required. In limited circumstances, GOcxm may refuse an individual access to their Personal Information; however, access will only be refused in accordance with PIPEDA or other applicable laws. For instance, if the Personal Information is protected by solicitor-client privilege, or would reveal confidential commercial information, GOcxm may refuse access to such information. Products Offered in Partnership with Third Parties and Third Party Links: In general, GOcxm’s Services access third party information (such as your Facebook account information) through application interfaces. GOcxm may provide links to third-party Web sites, such as Facebook, as a service to our users. GOcxm may also carry advertisements from other companies. When you click on links of third parties on a GOcxm site or in an application, you may leave the site or application. Some of these third party sites may be co-branded with our name/logo or our affiliated entity's name/logo, even though they are not operated or maintained by us. This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of Web sites operated by third parties, whether they are linked to or otherwise accessible from a GOcxm website or the Services. The inclusion of a link or accessibility of third party Web sites does not imply endorsement of such third party Web site by us. Opting Out of Marketing-Related Communications: You may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails, texts, phone messages or other communications from GOcxm on a going-forward basis by indicating so where requested or otherwise contacting GOcxm as set out below.
GOcxm will try to comply with your opt-out request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, this will apply to marketing messages from GOcxm only. GOcxm will not be able to remove your Personal Information from third parties to whom you have previously authorized GOcxm to share such information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, GOcxm may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
Children: GOcxm assumes that if you are legally providing us with credit card information that you are an adult or are otherwise authorized to do so. We encourage parents and guardians to participate in their children's activities and to supervise them when they access on-line resources. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to or posted on GOcxm sites by users under 13 years of age. If a child under the age of 13 submits Personal Information to GOcxm sites, we will delete the information as soon as we discover it was provided by a child under 13 years of age. We will not and do not use such information for any purpose.